About DBX File
DBX file is the type of file used by the MS Outlook Express email application, This file is used to store the folders that have been created by MS Outlook Express email application and these folders have the email messages that are stored in a specific mailbox. Every mailbox has its own “.dbx” file for example “inbox” will have an equivalent inbox.dbx file, “sent” folder will have a sent.dbx file and so on. The custom folders that are created by the user will also have an equivalent dbx file. This file are used as a backup file of their email content such as inbox content, sent content and they can transfer all the emails to any other computer or create a backup file by using these files.
How DBX File Corrupts - Reasons Behind the Corruption!
- Outlook Express application may not be installed properly
- If the size of DBX file is increases more than 2GB
- Folder Compaction Interrupted
- Unintentionally computer shutdown
- Any third party tool interaction
- Due to computer system background compaction
- Virus attack can also corrupt or damage the file.
How to Repair Corrupt/Damaged dbx File?
To repair a despoiled or damaged DBX file you can use any third party DBX file repair tool, this tool is very efficient and effective and can able to recover .dbx file from any version of the MS outlook express application. Download this tool and repair or recover your corrupted file either in ‘DBX’ or ‘EML’ file format. This tool is very advanced and can able to recover more than one DBX file or an entire folder at the same time.
Features of dbx file Repair Software:
- This tool can able to search for DBX files in the entire computer system and repair them after searching.
- It can save the entire recovered email file in to 'DBX' or 'EML' files according to your requirement.
- This application is very fast and efficient tool that can recover your file without loss of any email.
- You can Repair more than one DBX file at the same time.
- It provides the preview of the recoverable emails with sender, receiver subject.
- This application can do recovery for Outlook Express 5.x and 6.0
- It is friendly with Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, and 2000
Steps to Repair DBX Files
Step 1: Click on the “Select DBX” button to select the corrupted DBX file, you can also find the DBX file if you don’t know the location of the file.
Step 2: Click on the “Start Recovery” button to start the recovery process.
Step 3: In this window you can see the recovered items of email, process log, and progress bar that showing the progress of the recovery process.
Step 4: Here you can see all the recovered emails, you can also see the details of the email by clicking on it.
Step 5: Choose the mails and click on the “Save DBX file” icon after it a ‘Save dialog box’ appears from which select ‘Save as EML’ or ‘Save as DBX’ option as per your requirement and click on the “Brows” button to give the destination path where you want to save it and now click on the “Ok” button.
Step 6: A dialog box will appear that display the successful recovery message, click ‘OK’ to close it.