Outlook Express is an email client offered from Internet Explorer and it is still used by many users. Outlook Express Mailbox saves the files in the folder .DBX. The name of the folder is same as DBX file. The inbox folder will have Inbox.dbx folder similarly the outbox folder will have Outbox.dbx name. All these files are stored in ‘Documents and Settings’ by default inside the Store Folder. The Store folder is related with master file known as Folders.dbx and it contains all others DBX files inside it. You might don’t know that DBX files are very sensitive and it can get corrupted due to minor problems and hence you cannot access the data. Hence, keeping a backup becomes very important, especially for the Folders.dbx file.
Some of the common errors of corrupt DBX files:
- Bad file name
- Permission Denied
- Path/ File Error
- Out of Memory
- Disk Full
- File Already Open
- Object Error
- OLEXP: Err Msg
There are several reasons for DBX file corruption like the following and force you to repair Outlook Express, such as:
- DBX files got infected by virus or malware
- Size of the DBX files crossing the limit of 2 GB
- Outlook Express: The message could not be sent. There is not enough Disk space.
- Outlook Express not able to start due to failure of the “Msoe.dll” file.
The main cause behind the corruption of Outlook Express is when it cross the limitation of 2GB size for the Sent and received messages. Most probably the user encounter with an error message when they try to send/receive files and actually it looks that the inbox is empty.
So, how one can avoid 2GB file corruption issues in Outlook Express DBX. Well, here are some precautions mentioned below that you can follow to avoid this issue.
Some of the precautions to prevent 2GB file corruption issues in Outlook Express DBX
- Do not Archive the mails in the Inbox or Sent items.
- You must keep Anti-virus email scanner deactivated, since it acts as unnecessary layer of protection, which unnecessarily consume CPU sources and cause such issues with account settings and time-outs
- The recommended size of the DBX file should be 300MB to avoid any corruption.
- Remove unwanted mail, so that DBX file size gets reduced and it may not cross 2GB limit.
- You must keep a back up of “Stores Folder”
- While working offline, you must perform Manual Compaction of the folders in Outlook Express on regular interval. Note – Do not use computer when compaction is in process.
- You must disable the automatic background compaction.
The above mentioned precautions will help you to avoid the corruption and will make sure the security of the Outlook Express mailbox.
Fixing 2GB File Corruption Issues in Outlook Express DBX
After taking the above precautions, if you still encounter the corruption in DBX file, then the only option left with you is to take help of professional DBX File Repair Tool. This tool will help you in repairing and fixing the 2GB File Corruption Issues in Outlook Express DBX and recover Outlook Express data from any situation. So, free download the DBX File Repair Tool now and check out its reliability and functions after then you can purchase the full version of it.