When you are sending and receiving email on your Outlook Express you may get a message on the screen as “An unknown error has occurred. Account: ‘pop.dominiosample.com’, Server: ‘pop.domainsample.com’, Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure (SSL); No, Error Number: 0x800C0133.” This error indicates that your inbox of your Outlook Express has become corrupt or damaged. It may happen due to some emails in it or by its own .dbx file. This file manages the inbox of the Outlook Express and has been damaged due to excessive storage message capacity or size, unintentionally computer shutdown. You can access the inbox of your Outlook express by the method that is mentioned below.
Methods to fix Error 0x800C0133
The manual method is as follows:
- If the inbox has been corrupt, but you can see it’s contained, then the best option is to create a new folder in Outlook Express.
- The new folder is created, now move all the messages from your “Inbox” to the new folder that you have created. This can be done by dragging and dropping and by selecting all messages.
- Then close the Outlook Express.
- Go to Windows Explorer manager files and you would find the following folder in the hard disk: “C:/Documents and Settings/(user)/Local Settings/Application Data/Identities / (identity id)/Microsoft/Outlook Express/”.
- Now, within this folder find and rename the file “inbox.dbx” to “inboxold.dbx”.
- Now open Outlook Express again.
After performing these steps Outlook Express creates a new empty inbox, now you can move back all the messages that were in your temporary folder and then you can delete it as per your convenience. By following the above mentioned steps, if the problem still exits then it can be resolved by using DBX repair tool. This tool is very efficient and effective and can recover .dbx file for any version of the MS outlook express application. This tool is advanced as it can recover more than one DBX file or entire folder at the same time.
Features of dbx file repair software:
- This application is very fast and efficient tool that can recover your DBX file without loss of any email.
- It provides the preview of the recoverable emails with sender, receiver subject.
- This tool can search for DBX files in the entire computer system and repair them.
- It is friendly with Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, and 2000
- It can save the entire recovered email file in to ‘DBX’ or ‘EML’ files according to your requirement.
Steps to Fix Error 0x800C0133:
Step 1: Select the “Select DBX” button to choose the corrupted DBX file, you can find the DBX file if you do not know the location of the file.
Step 2: Click on the “Start Recovery” button to start the recovery process.
Step 3: In this window you can view the recovered items of progress bar, process log, and email that shows the recovery process.
Step 4: Here you can view all the recovered emails, you can also see the details of the email by clicking on it.
Step 5: Choose the mails and click on the “Save DBX file” icon after it a ‘Save dialog box’ appears from which select ‘Save as EML’ or ‘Save as DBX’ option as per your requirement and click on the “Browse” button to give the destination path where you want to save it and now click on the “Ok” button.
Step 6: A dialog box will appear that displays the successful recovery message, click ‘OK’ to close it.